Michele Puts Students First
Michele Jenkins loves our community – especially College of the Canyons. She has dedicated her smart, practical, caring leadership to help our college and community thrive. A longtime resident of Canyon Country, she has served as trustee for more than 30 years.
• An advocate for affordable education and training.
• A proponent for low-cost business training.
• Committed to providing training for well-paying jobs in a COVID-19 economy.
• A supporter of Canyons Promise and its free tuition for incoming high school graduates.
• An advocate for Zero Textbook Costs.
• A supporter of concurrent enrollment, which allows students to take college classes while still in high school.
• A responsible, trustworthy guardian of taxpayer dollars.
Michele Keeps Her Promises
Michele’s experience, know-how and compassion are important qualities that will help guide College of the Canyons and the community through this unprecedented time.
• Played a key role in creating the Canyon Country Campus.
• Helped establish the college’s Economic Development Division, which will help jump-start the economy and put people back to work.
• Helped establish Academy of the Canyons for our high school students.
• Helped establish the University Center, which offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees close to home.
• Helped establish the Institute for Culinary Education to train the next generation of restaurant professionals.
We Need Michele’s Leadership
A statewide leader who helps trustees at colleges throughout California, Michele is independent, practical and thoughtful. Endorsed by the Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce, Michele brings unique vision and leadership to her role at College of the Canyons.
• Support students, faculty and staff.
• Support workforce programs that provide skills for well-paying careers and support families during a COVID-19 economy.
• Keep costs down and standards high.
• Make College of the Canyons the best community college anywhere.